In 2005, Kansas CLE established the Robert L. Gernon Award for Outstanding Service to Continuing Legal Education in Kansas.
The award is named for Kansas Supreme Court Justice Robert L. Gernon (1943 - 2005), whose career included tireless devotion to the training,
education and professionalism of attorneys in Kansas and across the nation.
Please make sure that the nomination forms are postmarked by June 30, to be considered for this prestigious award.
Previous award winners include:
- 2021 - Hon. Karen Arnold-Burger, Topeka
- 2019 - Laura Shaneyfelt, Lawrence
- 2018 - Stephen Angermayer, Pittsburg
- 2017 - David E. Pierce, Topeka
- 2016 - Foulston Siefkin LLP
- 2015 - Jan Hamilton, Topeka
- 2014 - Steve Obermeier, Olathe
- 2013 - Robert M. Collins, Wichita
- 2012 - Cynthia F. Grimes, Lenexa
- 2011 - J. Nick Badgerow, Overland Park
- 2010 - Jack Scott McInteer, Wichita
- 2009 - Mira Mdivani, Overland Park
- 2008 - Sheila Reynolds, Topeka
- 2007 - Hon. Robert Schmisseur, Pratt
- 2006 - Philip Bowman, Wichita